I thought this announcement I received via email today might be of interest to some of our readers.
The African Seed Trade Association, based in Nairobi, are looking for a Seed Business Development Officer who will:
- Engineer and manage activities related to seed demand creation and productivity improvements;
- Promote the emergence of new seed businesses;
- Foster existing seed companies through technical backstopping and business management consulting at national and regional levels;
- Map out all key organizations with complementary roles with AFSTA and liaise with them;
- Work closely with AFSTA projects’ partners such as COMESA, ECOWAS, USAID, ASARECA, among others;
- Help AFSTA stakeholders with their seed business development project proposals;
- Develop AFSTA’s position on issues related to seed business development in Africa;
- Develop and implement AFSTA seed business development strategic plan;
- Provide tools that will empower African seed companies to take advantage of opportunities for seed business development;
- Manage the seed business development revolving funds in liaison with the National Seed Trade Associations’ Seed Business Development officers.
The deadline is 28th Feb 2011, full details are available in a document posted on their website HERE.